- This event has passed.
CAGD: Update in Anterior Bonded Restorations with Dr Pascal Magne
April 4 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$350 – $900
Date: This Course has been postponed due to COVID-19 avoidance for our dentists.
Credits: Total 8 Lecture CE Units; AGD subject code 250 (Restorative)
- AGD Members – $350 for Earlybird Rate through March 1st, 2020 ($450 After)
- Non-members – $700 for Earlybird Rate through March 1st, 2020 ($900 After)
Continental Breakfast and Lunch included
Speaker: Pascal Magne, DMD, M.Sc., PhD
Dr. Magne is recognized as one of the most outstanding prosthodontists in the world.
Date: Saturday, April 4th, 2020
Location: The Westin South Coast Plaza Hotel, Costa Mesa
This course will be an intense lecture program for all practitioners wishing to update their skills in anterior bonded restorations using direct composite resins and indirect porcelain veneers.
Although bonded ceramics seem to represent the ultimate biologic, functional, mechanical and aesthetic restoration for compromised anterior teeth, the number of ultraconservative treatment strategies and materials continues to grow.
The practitioner is faced with many esthetic treatment modalities and products. The major disadvantage of this evolution is that it becomes increasingly difficult to make the appropriate choices in a given clinical situation.
The availability of various treatment alternatives often allows for selection of an approach that conserves the maximum amount of intact tissue and which complies with the biomimetic principle – Bio-emulation TM. Treatment options should always first include the simplest procedures such as chemical treatments and freehand composites and then progress toward more sophisticated approaches such as laminate veneers.
- The latest scientific discoveries about no-post no-crown restorations
- The core values of biomimetic restorative dentistry
- A review of ultraconservative approaches
- Important procedures to improve the success of your direct composite resin restorations
- The possibilities of novel semi-indirect approaches using anterior customized CAD/CAM composite resins
- The keys to the success of indirect ceramic restorations (wax-up, mockup, preparations, delivery).
Dr. Pascal Magne is an Associate Professor with Tenure and the Don and Sybil Harrington Foundation Professor of Esthetic Dentistry in the Division of Restorative Sciences, University of Southern California, Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC, Los Angeles, CA.
Dr. Magne graduated from the University of Geneva School of Dental Medicine, Switzerland, in 1989 with a Med. Dent. He obtained his Doctorate in 1992 and his Ph.D. degree in 2002. He received postgraduate training in fixed prosthodontics and occlusion, operative dentistry and endodontics at the University of Geneva School of Dental Medicine.
Dr. Magne is a recipient of multiple awards from the Swiss Science Foundation, the Swiss Foundation for Medical-Biological Grants, the recipient of the 2002 Young Investigator Award from the International Association for Dental Research and 2007 and 2009 Judson C. Hickey Scientific Writing Award from the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry.
He is also the author of over 200 clinical and research publications on esthetics and adhesive dentistry and is an internationally known lecturer on these topics. Furthermore, Dr. Magne authored the book “Bonded Porcelain Restorations in the Anterior Dentition – A Biomimetic Approach” which has been translated into twelve languages and is considered as one of the most outstanding books in the field of adhesive and esthetic dentistry.
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
- Registrations are subject to a $50 non-refundable processing fee.
- Cancellations made by email prior to 3/10/20 will receive a refund less the $50 processing fee.
- Cancellations made after 3/10/20 are completely non-refundable.
- Transfer of a registration to another name will be considered by email request through 4/1/20.