SSAGD: Pharmacology Declassified: Essential Pharmacology for Medically Complex Dental Patients
February 4 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Essential Pharmacology for Treating Our Medically Complex Dental Patients
SSAGD Livestream CE Course
February 4, 2021
6:30pm to 8:30pm
2 Lecture CE
AGD Subject Code 340 (Pharmacology)
First 50 Dental Students FREE! (scroll to very bottom to grab the free ticket, if you don’t see it, then they’re gone and you’ll need to use the PayPal “Buy Now” button)
$49 for AGD members/ $100 for non-members
Dental professionals must frequently draw upon their knowledge of pharmacology for optimal care of today’s medically complex dental patients. However, armed with relatively brief exposure to such a vast subject during formal education and faced with ever-changing medication therapy guidelines, many dental professionals simply cannot keep up with the latest trends in disease state management.
This program will provide an overview of the dental implications of the prescription medications, non prescription medications, herbal products, nutritional supplements and substances of abuse most frequently used by patients. Special emphais will be given to delivering this essential information in a format which makes it practical and useful for all members of the dental team.
- Identify the prescription medications most frequently encountered on a patient’s medical history and discuss their indications for use, adverse reactions and impact on dental therapy.
- Identify the non-prescription medications most frequently encountered on a patient’s medical history and discuss their indications for use, adverse reactions and impact on dental therapy.
- Identify the most popular herbal products and nutritional supplements and discuss their purported uses and dental considerations.
- Identify the most common substances of abuse and describe their oral manifestations and dental treatment considerations.
Thomas Viola, the founder of “Pharmacology Declassified”, is a board certified pharmacist who also serves the professions of dentistry as a clinical educator, professional speaker, and published author. Tom is a member of the faculty of ten dental professional degree programs and has received several awards for outstanding teacher of the year. Tom has presented hundreds of continuting education courses to dental professionals, nationally and internationally, in the areas of oral pharmacology and local anesthesia and is well-known for is regular contributions to several dental professional journals. Through his informative, humorous and engaging live seminars and webinars, Tom has earned his reputation as the go-to specialist for making pharmacology practical and useful for all members of the dental team.
Refund and Cancelation Policy:
- Registrations are subject to a $50 non-refundable processing fee.
- Cancellations made by email prior to 1/14/21 will receive a refund less than $50 processing fee.
- Cancellations made after 1/14/21 are completely non-refundable
- Transfer of a registration to another name will be considered by email request through 1/14/21