CAGD: Pathway to Fellowship – 2024
April 12 @ 8:00 am - April 14 @ 5:00 pm$750 – $1700
Where: Marriott Irvine Spectrum
7905 Irvine Center Dr. Irvine, CA
Speakers: Dr. Ali Nasseh, Dr. Navneet Arora, & Dr. Michael Yamane
Early Bird Registration: BEFORE 3/12/24
AGD members: $750
AGD members: $900
Total CE: 20 (participation)
Friday, April 12th
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
8 CE (participation)
AGD Subject Code: 070 (Endodontics)
Speaker: Dr. Ali Nasseh, CEO of Real World Endo®
Modern Root Canal Therapy-Diagnosis to Obturation and Beyond
Nearly 32 years since the introduction of Nickel Titanium Rotary Files to endodontics, we’ve learned much about the clinical strengths and limitations of these great instruments. As a result of recent improvements in metallurgy, enhanced designs, and innovative rotary file motions, we now need to understand how these changes affect clinical instrumentation. Furthermore, in parallel to improvements in instrumentation technology, root canal obturation has been revolutionized in the area of cement/sealer technology. These obturation improvements are allowing more efficient obturation techniques at lower costs. Finally, combining improvements on both instrumentation and obturation front is now allowing us to create more efficient instrumentation and obturation techniques that are safe, simple, and predictable. During this presentation, Dr. Nasseh will talk about these points with specific emphasis on access, irrigation, instrumentation, and obturation.
During this lecture component, participants will learn:
- Learn how rotary file design, metallurgy and motion influences instrumentation safety and efficiency.
- Comprehend the advantages of bioceramic based obturation and clinical techniques for its implementation.
- Discover how instrumentation and obturation protocols can be combined as a comprehensive system to achieve both efficiency and predictability in most clinical situations.
In the hands-on workshop portion, a simple instrumentation and obturation system will be demonstrated. After attending this workshop, you will have a full understanding of this instrumentation and obturation system which will help improve the predictability of your cases while dramatically reducing instrument separation. All participants will have the opportunity to validate these concepts during the workshop. Plastic blocks will be used for this demonstration. If available, participants are encouraged to bring sterile accessed, and canal validated extracted teeth representative of the kind of cases they do clinically.
PLEASE NOTE: wisdom teeth are excluded.
At the conclusion of this hands-on workshop, participants will:
- Be able to describe the proper protocol for safe and effective instrumentation of a given canal and cone fit for obturation in different scenarios.
- Describe the simple, bonded obturation technique of the fitted gutta percha in the prepared canal.
- Be able to utilize the advantage of Hydraulic Condensation to prepare a quick post space in the canal, if needed.
About the Speaker:
Dr. Nasseh received his Doctorate in Dental Surgery degree from Northwestern University Dental School in 1994 and completed his postdoctoral endodontic fellowship at Harvard School of Dental Medicine in 1997, where he also completed a Masters in Medical Sciences degree in the area of bone physiology. He is Senior Clinical Instructor and lecturer at the Department of Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterial Sciences at Harvard School of Dental Medicine since 1997 and the former Alumni editor of the Harvard Dental Bulletin. Dr. Nasseh is the president and Chief Executive Officer for Real World Endo® (RealWorldEndo.com) and lectures internationally on endodontic topics. His educational videos have registered over 3 million views based on Google Analytics. He is endodontic editor to several peer reviewed journals and periodicals and a member of the NIH/NIDCR Clinical Needs Advisory Board for the Michigan Pittsburgh, Wyss Center for regenerative Medicine (doctrc.pitt.edu) and the Materials and Instruments Committee for the American Dental Association (ADA). Dr. Nasseh is the owner and director of Microsurgical Endodontics, a multi-specialty endodontic practice in Copley Plaza Boston, MA (MicroSurgicalEndo.com).
Saturday, April 13th
Implant Dentistry—A Two Part Course
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
8 CE (Participation)
AGD Subject Code: 690 (Implants)
Speaker: Dr. Navneet Arora
Demystifying Digital Dentistry and Making It Work for YOU
- Discuss the Newest Implant from Nobel Biocare N-1 Implant system
- Discussing trends in digital dentistry
- Explain about Dexis IOS and X Guide protocol
- Case studies will be used to demonstrate how to implement digital dentistry on a personalized level that can be customized for your practice.
- Different methods to temporize single unit to full arch cases.
- Introduction to photogrammetry
- Learn how the digital workflow can work for you, your team, and your practice
- Understand which digital integration strategies have proven successful and practical for the dentist and the team.
- Understand digital workflows using Guided surgery Vs Navigation Surgery.
- Understand restorative planning is the key for better surgical outcome and restorative results
- You will learn digital plans to temporization implant cases
- Understand the benefits of this new biologically driven innovation created to optimize bone and soft tissue responses, facilitating an esthetic outcome.
Implant CPR: Failure and Complications
During this seminar, we will discuss how to deal with day-to-day implant-related complications in a simple and systematic way.
- Be able to identify implant complications
- Determine if they are surgical or restorative
- Understand how to manage complications yourself and when to refer out
- Learn how to avoid implant complications moving forward
About the Speaker:
Dr. Navneet Arora is a full-time clinician with practice limited to periodontics and Implant dentistry. He is a Board Certified Diplomate of the American Academy of Periodontology and Implant dentistry. In 2008, Dr. Arora finished his Certificate in Periodontics from the prestigious Eastman Dental Center at University of Rochester Medical Center in Rochester, New York. He received his Bachelor of Dental Surgery from K.L.E.S. Institute of Dental Services in India and Masters in Public Health from Loma Linda University in Southern California. Apart from practicing clinical periodontics and implantology, he also lectures on various topics of Implant dentistry, treatment planning, bone grafting and soft tissue management techniques. He lives in the beautiful city of Auburn with his lovely wife Simi and his two daughters Mannet and Mehr.
Sunday, April 14th
8:00 am to 12:00 pm
4 CE (participation)
AGD Subject Code: 370 (Orthodontics)
Speaker: Dr. Michael Yamane
Introduction to Orthodontic Diagnosis
1. A discussion of habits/functional issues that can affect dentition.
2. A discussion of facial growth.
3. Orthodontic nomenclature and classifications.
4. A method of determining crowding in the dentition.
5. Cephalometric landmarks, angles, and planes.
6. A method of tracing a cephalometric x-ray.
- Learn basic orthodontic nomenclature.
- Be able to determine the amount of crowding in the dentition.
- Be able to do a cephalometric tracing.
About the Speaker:
Dr. Yamane graduated from Northwestern University Dental School in 1985. He has been practicing in the same location since 1997. He attended MasterTrack 5 and received the MAGD award. Dr. Yamane currently serves on the Southern California board of directors as an advisor.
Refund and Cancellation:
- Registrations are subject to a $50 non-refundable processing fee.
- Cancellations made by email prior to 3/21/24 will receive a refund less the $50 processing fee.
- Cancellations made after 3/21/24 are completely non-refundable.
- Transfer of a registration to another name will be considered by email request through 3/21/24.
Special group rate on a hotel room here: Marriott Irvine Spectrum for $214 USD per nightMarriott Group Rate
By registering and attending this event you are giving permission to be in a photograph/video of the event unless you ask not to. Click here for the full details of our photo/video policy.
The California AGD is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by the AGD for Fellowship/Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 06/01/2022 to 05/31/2028. Provider ID# 219290.