CAGD: Generations of Zirconia – What Every Clinician Needs To Know From Material Selection to Clinical Application – LIVE WEBINAR
December 14 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm$108 – $148
Speaker: Taiseer Sulaiman, DDS, PhD
AGD Member: $108
Non-AGD Member: $148
CE: 1.5 Lecture
AGD subject code: 250—Operative
NOT ALL ZIRCONIAS ARE THE SAME!! There have been numerous generations of monolithic zirconia since its introduction as a full contour indirect restorative material in 2010. Manufacturers and researchers hope to develop a zirconia material that combines strength and translucency. This presentation will provide an in-depth overview of the various zirconia generations and what a clinician should know about the mechanical and optical properties of each generation to aid in the selection process when prescribing zirconia restorations. The most recent monolithic zirconia cementing protocols will also be discussed. Finally, what clinical-based evidence on monolithic zirconia restorations has recently been reported in the literature, and can an alternative laboratory survey method provide useful information on zirconia’s current clinical status?
- Attendees will be able to classify the various types of zirconia materials that are currently available based on their Yttria concentration.
- Recognize the mechanical (including wear characteristics) and optical properties of each zirconia type, as well as their impact on clinical considerations.
- Attendees will learn how to effectively cement zirconia restorations and learn about recent clinical outcomes.
About the Speaker:
Taiseer Sulaiman, DDS, PhD is the director of the Advanced Operative Dentistry Course and Biomaterials Research at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where he gained his clinical certificate in Operative Dentistry and completed his PhD in Dental Materials from the Department of Prosthetic Dentistry and Biomaterial Sciences from the University of Turku in Finland in collaboration with the Department of Operative Dentistry, University of North Carolina. Dr. Sulaiman is a clinician and a researcher hoping to bridge gaps between dental research and clinical application. Dr. Sulaiman’s research focus is on dental ceramics, adhesion, cements, color and appearance in dentistry and biomimetics. He is a member of numerous academies including the IADR/AADR, Academy of Operative Dentistry, the Society of Color and Appearance in Dentistry and the American Dental Association. He has lectured on numerous national and international stages and serves as a reviewer for many peer-reviewed dental journals.
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
- Registrations are subject to a $50 non-refundable processing fee.
- Cancellations made by email prior to 11/30/23 will receive a refund less the $50 processing fee.
- Cancellations made after 11/30/23 are completely non-refundable.
- Transfer of a registration to another name will be considered by email request through 11/30/23.