CAGD: Fall Meeting – Expedited Excellence: Increase Your Efficiency & Predictability with Direct Restorations
October 12 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$695 – $995
Where: Courtyard Irvine Spectrum Marriott, Irvine Ca
Speaker: Joshua Austin, DDS, MAGD
AGD Member: $695.00
Non-AGD Member: $995
AGD subject code: 250 (Operative)
CE: 8 (participation)
8:00 am – 12:00 pm
What’s New? Materials and Tech that Expedite Excellence
With a constant stream of new products that claim to be bigger, better, faster flooding the industry, it is challenging to know which are effective and efficient… and where there is hype. In this fast-moving market, advertising makes every product appear to be the panacea. However, some of the best products and services don’t enter the market with much fanfare. Dental professionals can become bogged down or confused when trying to decipher which new materials and technologies are right for their practices. As editorial director with Dental Economics magazine, Dr. Joshua Austin authors the column Pearls for Your Practice and has personally worked with most new products and technologies that have entered the market. In this interactive, fast-moving course, Joshua shares the current trends in dental materials and technologies. Learn how materials have changed over the past few years and how those changes can affect your procedures and practice.
- Illuminate growing trends and discover the best new products and innovations on the market
- Explore the impact new products/technologies have on the practice’s bottom line
- Gain a formula for assessing time savings vs financial output in your purchasing decisions
- Analyze how bulk fill posterior composites compare to their traditional counterparts
- Discuss time saving placement techniques for bulk fill posterior composites
- Review universal adhesives and their advantages
- Explore the three etching techniques and learn when each are appropriate
- Review current cements and identify which classes are superior
- Discuss when luting is an appropriate choice instead of bonding
- Explore many other products and items that can make your life easier and your dentistry faster
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Expedited Excellence: Increase Your Efficiency Predictability with Direct Restorations
Practice costs grow year by year; however, reimbursement rates stay flat. In order to remain as profitable, we face only once option….to increase our efficiency. Working smarter and faster is the only way. This course will help clinicians stay fast and efficient at the most common restorative procedures. Attendees will participate in all steps of different posterior restorations using bulk-fill composite with correct curing light procedures and several different techniques.
- Explore the advantages of using bulk fill posterior composite
- Discuss and perform several placement techniques for bulk fill posterior composites
- That will save time and increase predictability
- Review quick and effective polishing techniques for posterior restorations
- Examine different matrix systems and their best uses
- Learn techniques for performing two adjacent class II lesions efficiently
- Review universal bonding agents and their best uses in restorative dentistry
About the Speaker:
On mainstages at major conferences across the industry, Dr. Joshua Austin’s presentations deliver practical, applicable education that inspires and entertains attendees while also offering sound fundamentals that make a difference in dental practice success. His keynote performances, from Dentsply Sirona World to Seattle Study Club Symposiums, are met with rave reviews from audiences and conference organizers alike. Joshua incorporates his trademark comedic style in his lectures across the country on topics such as mental wellness, new products/materials review, and online reputation management. As editorial director and columnist for Dental Economics focusing on dental products and technology (Pearls for Your Practice), he offers a fresh approach in today’s commercial driven dental journalism. When you read a ‘Pearl’, you are getting an honest evaluation of a product which was used by Joshua in clinical practice on a patient.
A graduate of the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio Dental School, Joshua served five years post-graduation as faculty in the Department of Restorative Dentistry. Today he maintains a full-time restorative dentistry private practice in San Antonio, Texas.
Joshua has been honored with several awards during his dental career. In 2009, the Texas Dental Association names him Young Dentist of the Year. In 2010, the Texas Academy of General Dentistry named him New Dentist of the Year. Joshua has earned a Mastership in the Academy of General Dentistry. In 2014, Joshua was awarded with a Fellowship in the American College of Dentists for his outstanding commitment to ethics in patient care.
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
- Registrations are subject to a $50 non-refundable processing fee.
- Cancellations made by email prior to 9/21/24 will receive a refund less the $50 processing fee.
- Cancellations made after 9/21/24 are completely non-refundable.
- Transfer of a registration to another name will be considered by email request through 9/21/24.
By registering and attending this event you are giving permission to be in a photograph/video of the event unless you ask not to. Click here for the full details of our photo/video policy. https://caagd.org/cagd-photo-video-disclaimer/
- If you are NOT an AGD Member and register as one, you’ll need to re-register as a Non-Member to get in to any California AGD courses. If your AGD Membership has expired you can renew here: https://www.agd.org/join-agd/online-application